Welcome to St Clement and St James
Your local community church school
What makes us so special?
- We are one of the only small schools in the area (one form entry) which means staff have time to get to know children and families
- We have just opened our brand new early years ‘Owlet’s’ centre which has wonderful facilities for 3-5 year olds
- We are a church school with strong Christian values of friendship, thankfulness, excellence, forgiveness and compassion
- We have a broad curriculum and love the arts. We have set up the Pottery Lane Arts Centre on the school site with professional artists who work with our staff and children
- We have a caring and supportive staff team who work closely with children and families to ensure each child is calm and ready for learning. We have carefully tailored support for any child who needs a little extra encouragement and attention eg Special Needs coordinator, learning mentors, art therapy, Place to be (counselling), West London Zone, and speech therapy
- We are federated with St Thomas’ CE Primary School (Ofsted Outstanding) which means we can share resources to ensure we have strong teaching in both schools
What parents say
- ‘The word is out. This school is changing for the better.’ Parent in Y1
- ‘Thank you for looking after our children. We are very happy and the school is a calm and happy place.’ Parent in nursery.
Our parent survey
- 100% of parents and carers say their child enjoys school and is safe at school
- 96% would recommend our school to other parents